Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

14/05/2014

Yes! I'm back!!

G'day Mates! Or should I now say "Goeie Dag mensen", haha, well I think it's better to keep it Aussie style...

Anyhow, as you can see I'm back and with a nice new laptop with windows 8.1. But anyone who has got a new computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone knows that it's not easy to setup these new devices, problems everywhere and I'm still struggling with a few things but no worries I'll get there one day. The main thing is that I can go on with my weblog!!

You already know we have arrived in The Netherlands and in the mean time we have setup our caravan. Our son, (you still know him from the holiday he had with us in Australia last year) and we, picked up the caravan in the village we used to live and were we have stalled our caravan at a farm.


Then we drove approx. 16 k's to another farm (what on earth do we have with farms lately) which has a little caravan park on one of the paddocks, and where we will stay for coming 4 months.


Luckily we had nice weather during the setup of the annex....



We're getting there.....


I told you in my previous story that we stayed with my sister and her doggie the first week, she's got a very nice apartment at the IJssel in Zutphen...


Zutphen is a very nice city of which I will make a special blog some time....

May I introduce you to her doggie; Pepper...


but at some stage you want to go to your own "house" so we went to the caravan and then the bad weather started, many clouds with rain in it....


and with cold weather, automatically traditionally dutch Pea soup comes into our minds and so Fred made a big pan with lovely Pea Soup, put everything on the stove to keep it warm....



Djee, it was soooo cold.....


and WET


The annex was leaking....



but even with this cold and rainy weather, there was some tough family who visited us anyway...


Fred's brother and his wife (I didn't had a proper picture of her but I'm sure you will see her later one of these months)....


We are now here for 2 weeks and it's starting to become better weather.....

Come, I'll show you a bit of our site and the farm.....


there are a few caravans already but most of the people went home because of this bad weather.
 The Netherlands is that small that even if you life on the other end of the country, you can be there in approx. 2 hours at the most.....

Here you can see that we are the only ones there, the little car of my sister, which we can borrow the time we are here, sits all alone on the car park..... 


On a Farm are animals;


Look at this; GEESE, right in the back, but not hundreds, only two (what I could see)...


OK, it's not Kangaroo Island but still...... 


Our caravan in the middle, on the back...


It's a nice spot, isn't it??


In Australia the autumn had began when we left but here the spring has started, clever he! We roll from summer into summer and skip the winter!


Of course we brought our Aussie flag, same purpose as on Kangaroo Island; then we can see were the wind is coming from but also, our visitors can find us easily....


The are some nice things in view coming months like World Championship Soccer in which our two beloved countries have to play against each other, so we are going to have a lot of fun, I'll promise you!!

Keep focused people!!

Cheers!













3 comments:

  1. Welcome, welkom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both equally educative and entertaining,
    and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head.

    The problem is something which too few men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy that I came across this in my hunt for something concerning this.


    Take a look at my web-site - ลดน้ำหนัก

    ReplyDelete