Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

19/05/2014

Stressed Country


Well people, I can tell you that we now are sure we are back in Holland! Crikey, why are these people so stressed?? I was nearly killed by a lunatic in a car who was so in a hurry he nearly crashed into me. Let me tell you what happened:

I was on my way to my sister on my bike and I drove in Vorden, the little village were we are staying close by at the farm, when 2 men in a van who had to do some road working, set up a blockage on the other side of the road I was riding on. That lunatic came to that blockage and drove passed it onto my side of the road with a angry face because he was annoyed by that blockage and obviously was in a hurry. I though he would stop for me but I can assure you he definitely didn't intent to, so I jumped off my bike onto the pavement which saved my life. Unfortunately I was so shocked I forgot to take his number plate.

Anyhow  I'm still alive and made it to my sisters so we could start having our sisters day, and that was very nice so let's forget the accident and just watch some pictures of our nice day.

First of all we went to Arnhem by train because my sister lives close at the station so that's very handy! besides that, we love having a few drinks haha!



We did a lot of site seeing in the shops haha and exhausted we dropped onto a terrace for a drink and feet ventilation!



After that we went to Pssst Amigo which is a Mexican restaurant in Arnhem. Fred is not very keen on Mexican food so when I get the opportunity to go to a Mexican restaurant with someone else, I'll take it of course and my sister loves it too.



As usual it was lovely!



In Australia we often watch Dutch television through the satellite and in one of the talk shows, for the Dutch people: "de wereld draaid door", a woman called Marike Jager was interviewed and also sang a beautiful song. She said she was going on a tour through Holland to sing in little churches because of the acoustics and that sounded very interesting. I booked one of the performances in the Waalse Kerk (that's the name of the little church in Arnhem), for the two of us and hadn't told my sister what we were going to do so for her it was a surprise. 

So we ended up in a church, at 10 o'clock in the night and the it was great;
(sorry, the pictures aren't really clear but it gives a bit of an idea)




Her songs are beautiful and for the people who want to know more here is a link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marike_Jager

You can of course also find her songs on YouTube

The performance ended at half past 11 and we struggled back to the train station, our feet still sore from the long walk during shopping. Because we had to wait nearly 45 minutes for the next train to Zutphen, we decided to have a nice cool beer at the nearest pub and it was still nice weather to sit outside;
Sis is trying to find some music of Marike on her I-phone......


so we can enjoy it together during the journey back home.....


After all it was a marvellous day!!


By the way, I still like biking in Holland (The Netherlands), BECAUSE you don't have to wear a HELMET!! Yehhh!!

See Ya, Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks little sister, we had a lovely day! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete