Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

30/04/2013

Sydney and surroundings

Saturday 27th of April.
I’m sitting in the middle of the back seat of the car so I can watch the Garmin Lady if she sends us in the right direction. She took over my job you know. With my bible on my lap I hope she makes a mistake so I can rescue us and get my job back. “ Unfortunately” she did a terrific job so I have to surrender (but I will keep an eye on her). 

Saying good bye to Sydney we are heading towards Cessnock in the Hunter Valley.
We are all good humoured and excited what this day will bring us. The Sydney-Newcastle Freeway is very busy as the Autumn holidays has ended in NSW and everyone is going home.

But before I’m going further with today and coming days I first want to show you our Sydney and surrounding experience.

Everyone knows the icons of Sydney which are the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge, also known as Coat Hanger. Because our son (Danny) is with us, we are now acting as real tourists. Watch and enjoy the photo’s of Sydney;
 

The Opera House

The Coat Hanger

The Rocks
a few little back streets



A drink now and then......




Darling Harbour

The Icons together

We also did a beautiful walk along the coast from Coogee, past Waverly cemetery , Bronte, Tamarama to Bondi…..

At that day I said this was one of the most beautiful walks we did lately but OMG wait till you see our walk in the Blue Mountains.

Still, watch these pictures and enjoy. I really can recommend this walk if you ever come to Sydney and have the time to do it, it's a 6 km easy walk......







Waverly cemetery



the lonely fisherman

brave Danny
a drink stop.....




Bondi beach, the end. Of course you can walk further but this is where we stop.....



The famous surf beach of Bondi


On Thursday I already told you the boys have been to Anzac Day to the Parade and after that they went to the Maritime Museum. Sorry I don't have pictures of that but for who is interested in Anzac Day;

here is the link;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day

Because this is already a nice long story, I’ll keep you curious about our Blue Mountain walk and so; that will be my next blog.   Be patient.

Today is Queens/Kingsday in The Netherlands and this is a special celebration because the Queen is giving the throne to her son so "we" are getting a King.

We say to whole Holland;   CHEERS! Have Fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Fred Tammy en Danny.
    Ik krijg ook zin om dat allemaal eens te bekijken als ik al die prachtige fotos zie,maar je weet in reis bijna nooit verder dan Steenderen.Maar misschien komt het nog een keer zo ver.Geniet en ik kijk al weer uit naar je volgende reportage.
    Groeten Wicher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach lieverdjes, als ik die prachtige foto's bekijk dan besef ik dat we tijdens de reis die Driekus, Willem en ik gemaakt hebben veel te weinig van en rond Sidney gezien hebben. Wat vreselijk jammer!! Maar ja, je never can tell. Wie weet doet zich de gelegenheid eens voor om die trip over te doen. Tegelijkertijd besef ik dat eigenlijk heeeeel downunder de moeite meer dan waard is. Tjonge wat een belevenissen allemaal. Veel plezier richting Rob en Marietje, want die weg kan ik me nog goed herinneren. Na practisch elke bocht was er wel een mooi uitzicht! xxxx de meisjes van de IJsselkade

    ReplyDelete