Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

25/04/2013

Historic

G’day Mates!

Did I tell you about my Bible?? Well this is it,



it's on my lap during travels with the car and it includes good maps, cheap caravan parks but also cheap and free spots. I told you in my first story that my hubby (Fred) had prepared the caravan so we can spend nights on such cheap and free spots because most of the time there is no electricity. So we can’t travel without my Bible.

All the brown triangles are cheap (just a fee for a National Parks f.i.or a Showground) or free spots....

 At the triangles there are numbers given, if you look up the number, you can see at the symbols what facilities the spots have....


I also show you what we have travelled already then I can go on with my new story;





When we left Beechworth I wanted to visit Bonegilla which sits on the border of Victoria and NSW and which is a Camp where migrants were sent to in the old days when they arrived in Australia with the boat. From there they had to try to find jobs and a place to live.  

Although I have never been there (I wasn't born yet) and neighter my parents (they came later to Australia and then everything was settled already), but further the whole family; Grandpa and Grandma, (who we call Opa and Oma in Dutch) and three of there sons, ..... in one way or the other I felt very sad during that visit because of all the stories of these migrants.  Like us; they are all torn between two Countries.......



For that same reason I didn't feel like taking pictures so this is all I've got.
If you want to know more, here is the website;



From Bonegilla we travelled as far as Wagga Wagga and there was our first experience on a free camp-spot;
Here are the lamps on 12 volt and you can see we don't lose any cosiness




The only thing was that it was freezing cold so we couldn’t put our electric blanket on haha! Ah well, we survived (again)!



And we weren't there allone, it was pretty busy!



Our next stop was Bathurst, that’s a lovely place too! We stayed on the showground and that one was € 25,- which actually is too much for a showground but with only one caravan park in the city (€ 38,-) they can ask what they want!

I must admit that the buildings on that showground were very nice, and SORRY, I forgot to make some pictures of them so, just because of that, I send you here a site with some pictures;




I told you in my last blog that our son was coming and yes, he did arrive last Monday and we had everything ready;



Unfortunately we were stuck in the traffic so we could only hug him when he already was outside on the pick-up spot. No one there to greet him when he came trough the doors……..

 
At the moment we are still in Sydney and we are having a great time and today; Anzac Day, I have sent the boys off to the City to look at the parade so I would have some time to work on my Weblog.

See you soon; In Sydney!!

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment