Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

05/04/2013

Its hard!

Djee Guy’s, its harder then I thought. You know, we have been living in a house from an Aunt and Uncle for 3 ½ years and offcourse in the mean time feels a bit of our own. Again we are packing our things and again we have to store a lot. Fortunately this time we don’t need a container and the packed boxes can be stalled at family and big things are going to a lovely friend.


Now something else;
In my introduction you could read that I lived in Holland for 44 years so Dutch is my main language. Because I want to reach as much people as possible it’s wiser to write in English and so, beforehand, I want to ask you to forgive my double Dutch English which undoubtedly will occur.

Of course a trip like this needs some preparation and that’s why Fred is fiddling around with wires, batteries, solar panels, inverters (don’t think I’m smart and know all these things, I just hear these terms passes along the way) to make our little loved caravan self contained so we don’t have to spend too much money on expensive caravan parks.
That’s one of the things that are really a pity; Australia has become so expensive, all the “things must do because it’s so beautiful” , are nearly unpayable.

 To warm you up a bit for the trip I will show you a few pictures about our preparation.        

Battery-pack has been realised..
Look at the mess...


Solarpanel installed...


 Every inch of our caravan is used.

The space between the bed and cupboard is now shoeholder


On the other side a bottle holder, we love wine!



Anyhow lets go on;
Our car is nearly 14 years old but still going well and our caravan is about 13 years and so we both hope they can manage to get us around Australia in a safe way. As you can see (the main picture on top of my Weblog) we don’t have a 4-wheel drive so we will avoid dirt roads as much as possible, doesn’t mean that we will never face them, when you know Australia a little you know that a bitumen road can end like that and then you have a choice; go on or go back which most probably will be hundreds of kilometres detour, well take your pick.

Oh I nearly forgot to tell you that we have a visitor coming along with us the first few weeks from the 22nd of April. We are picking up our son from the airport in Sydney (he’s coming from Holland) and he will travel with us to Cairns from where he is flying back to Holland.
Despite the fact that we have bought him a tent to sleep in.........

we also thought; “what if we meet a cyclone or a twister or even flooding?”  Well, just look at this solution….







Our journey will start on April the 8th, so we are getting a bit nervous now, also because we have to say goodbye to a lot of nice, lovely family and friends.

So after we have survived the farewells I’ll be coming back to you and we will be on the road by then!!

Cheers




2 comments:

  1. Wow Tam, my compliments for your bloody good English! I know you had enough practice during the last years (and ofcourse in your job in Holland) but this really surprises me!
    And so you both have your own qualities to make a perfect and loving team.
    Fred stuffs your little home so full, there is no space left for only one spider (giggle). You've done a good job Fred!
    I know the coming days will be tearfull and sad for you both and I wish you strength.

    G'day for now sweeties xxxxx
    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very good Fred & Tammy

    ReplyDelete