Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

13/03/2016

Funny, Scary, Exciting, Beautiful; all in one day; 5 March!

G'day Mates!


5 march 2016 is a day I will always remember. It started with a loud boink at our bedroom window in the middle of the night and after that was the sound of an unhappy miaow so we figured out it was the cat Milek trying to get into our bedroom from outside through the fly-screen.
Of course the boink woke us up and as soon as I opened my eyes I saw something black cruising through our bedroom but I thought it was the shadow of the cat or I must have been so excited for the things to come that day, something on my bucket list,  that I was seeing things which wasn't there.

Anyhow we went back to sleep, not for long because as soon as there is the smallest, tiny, little light commencing the beginning of the day, Milek starts miaowing till he has food in his bowl. Amazing actually is that Cinnamon, the other old cat, normally is as deaf as a post but she knows exactly when one of us comes into the kitchen to feed them as you can see her waggling from the living room, where she has her own chair, to the kitchen.

It's only 06.15 so I decided to back to bed to get some more sleep but as soon as I come into the bedroom, I see that black thing again and I hear the blinds rattling. So I turned on the light and said to Fred that I think there is something scary in the room and it must be somewhere near the blinds. Then suddenly we see some black shapes sticking out under the blinds and we decide to be brave and move the blinds a bit, me being the farthest away from the window so Fred had to be the hero. The black shape started to fly and lands on his belly on the floor, hell knows why, but it did. MY GOD, it was a BAT, Crikey, isn't that scary!! No idea how it came inside other than the cat could have taken it in. It was laying there very quiet so Fred got a towel and threw it over it, then carefully picked it up and put it outside where he or she took off.

You can imagine, no sleep any more.

After a little brekkie with coffee we took the car and drove towards Mansfield, before Mansfield we turned off to Tolmie and went into the high country. Climbing higher and higher, we turned off again into a dirt road to the Hidden Trails horse riding.



Yes! I booked myself a two hours horse ride, through the bush and paddocks, over the hills.

Coming there already looked like a set out of a movie, or some scene out of  McLeod’s Daughters.



Yeh, that's what I want for those two hours, being one of the McLeod’s daughters actors, Stevie maybe, riding on a horse, mustering cattle. But of course that's just a dream as you have to ride a horse hell of a lot better then I do haha.




Anyhow I survived, even when the horse, (his name is Shadow, what a coincidence, two shadows on one day), slipped a few times and jumped aside as a bird scared him and I didn't fell off!

I had a great time, I even was very lucky as we should have been, apart from the guide with the three of us but the other two had cancelled just half an hour earlier so I was on my own together with Annie the guide so it felled like a private tour.


It doesn't look that way but the track behind me is very steep and I got instructions here, before we went up, how to handle and how to stay on the horse!


Great view towards Mount Buller.....



After the two hours, Fred had been staying behind reading as he's not into riding horses, we came back and I could hardly get off Shadow, I was so stiff we had to use these steps to get me off.



I helped cooling down Shadow and after that we went home, me very satisfied......


Surprise Surprise!!

Movie time!




To give you an idea of the surroundings, which I couldn't show you during my ride as it was too dangerous to get my camera without letting loose of the reins, I here show some pictures I made during a drive with the car here.

This is Tolmie, doesn't look very welcoming hey!



But this does......


The mountains just outside Tolmie;


In these mountains the film "Man from Snowy River" has been filmed.....
You can even book a ride, half day or longer, even days, and then you go to "Craig's Hut" a set out of the film. 


Isn't it beautiful....


from this hight we go back down, little movie, maybe don't seem scary but I can assure you that the slopes were very steep AND deep!

Movie time;




Finally back down......


I hope you enjoyed this again!

See ya next time,
Cheers!








2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Tammy.
    What a fantastic blog you have written. It was like being there with you. Thank you so much.
    Love from us. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel stoer zoals jij op het paard rijdt Dat is het mooiste paardrijden in de natuur. Weer een mooi verslag van jou Groeten van mij aan jou en Fred

    ReplyDelete