Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

11/06/2014

Bike Riding

G’day mates,

Yeeehhhh!! Finally!! I did it, I managed to make two movies so come on and have a look;


From previous stories you know that we love Belgium Beer!! Arch, we are here now a while and I can tell you, we have been drinking a lot already. You know what the consequences are?  I look like I’m already 8 months pregnant but if you look at my face you know it can’t be true..... too old haha!
The only solution is this; Bike riding…...

I love bike riding in Holland as I already told you you don’t have to weir a helmet and the whole country is used to bikers so its pretty save. There are several ways to find your way through the country and my favourite is “het knooppunten stelsel” I will explain;  you buy a map from the region you want to bike in and you can make you own route by following the figures in the circles.


Here you can see we are at circle (knooppunt) 60.....


 Just write down the figures on a piece of paper, stick it on your handlebar and just bike form one figure to the other. Between two circles is the distance mentioned so you can make your route as long as you want. 



You come at the nicest places, I lived in this region for 44 years and now come at spots I never knew they were there. Look at this nice little farm with homemade Marmalade and Honey.....



 horses come by.......


typical dutch houses with thatched roofs......


also typical dutch; Windmills


another one......


just keep on biking.....
(movie)

Then we pass another nice little farm, look how old it is.....


a totally different house......


we keep on biking until this intersection were we can choose from 5 roads (and a track), of course I knew which figure we had to follow.....


(movie)

and we pass castles.......



and nice little towns with beautiful alleys.....



but also very old barns.....


and nice rivers.........


So, that's it for now mates, I hope you enjoyed these typical dutch views but of course this is not all you get to see from Holland, there is much more to tell and see so hang on in there.....

See ya next time.

Cheers!












3 comments:

  1. It's not such a bad thing to wear a helmet!! Lovely pictures and great looking-site. (Believe me! I was a teacher!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knap van je zusje, dat het je na veel geduld gelukt is. De aanhouder wint!! Mooie plaatjes van een schitterende omgeving. De meisjes kijken uit naar het volgende blogje xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures. Hope to bike in that area soon and of course to hug you. xxxx
    de meisjes uit Den Haag

    ReplyDelete