Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

03/06/2013

Mission beach

G'day Mates,
It looks like we are heading to the outback at the moment so we won't have reception for a few days that's why I come back so quick, I don't want to lose my fans do I? Here's a short one;


We go back to 13th of May;

This is the part where you can find Cassowaries if you’re lucky. On our visits in the past Fred and I have been lucky several times at a certain walk. Of course we want to share this with Danny and so we wander off into the bush. Unfortunately we didn’t see Cassowaries;


but we saw big and I mean BIG spiders, please join us on this little walk;

The first one was nice and decent, he/she makes a very strange web;

We are being very quiet, especially near the stream because here we saw them in the pasted, I mean the Cassowaries of course, not the spiders they are always there brrr.




The creepy crawlers suddenly hang in front of your face so now and then you could hear a scream from one of us. Being brave we managed to take some pictures. 

just look how strange a tree/branche can grow...

still being very quiet.....


ooh, I forgot to tell, we were covered by hunderds of mozzies, so if you ever walk this; apply repellent!


of course there are also nice creatures in the Forrest's....


this one must have been fighting, he misses 2 legs, well he's got 6 left the lucky basterd!


After lunch (a Magnum) we had a laid back afternoon, sitting on the beach with a cold beer, watching the skydivers.


See ya next time.
Cheers!






1 comment:

  1. Remarkable day. First time visiting real bush, to me, it's just called 'jungle'.
    It's funny, when you're 'hunting' a cassowary, while noone said something about sizes. Me, I was thinking about a turkey-size....
    Dad noticed me, while searching, about the real size, " Dan? , weet jij wel hoe groot ze zijn???..."

    ReplyDelete