Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

18/08/2019

Farewell my fans!

G'day Mates,

It feels so weird to write "G'day Mates" for the last time and it hurts as well. Anyway, lets stay positive and enjoy my last story; Hong Kong!

If you still don't know where we are....😅



All the years we lived in Australia we have been saving Qantas points by shopping at Woolworth and more of these activities where you could get these points. With these points I booked a hotel in Hong Kong as we were not going to fly with Qantas so otherwise the points would be wasted. We were staying at the Metro Park Hotel in Kowloon on the 16th floor and I must say; it was very good!

Our view....


The first thing we noticed when we went onto the street were the scary scaffolding at these high buildings, my god....



Actually it's a great construction but you won't EVER see me on such a thing!


Just Hong Kong.....


shops, shops, shops.....



at night it looks like this.....



From our Hotel to Victoria Harbour was quite a walk but we loved to walk all that way. We wanted to go to the other side; "Hong Kong Island", as we knew there was a high building where you can go to the top and look over Hong Kong as well as the harbour....


but when we came there, you could hardly see the other side, the skyscrapers had their tops in the clouds...




These are the ferry's with which you can go to the other side for just a few cents, ooh well, we had to postpone the trip and try again next day....


We are no fussy people where food is concerned but this is the first country we didn't like the food that much. We thought it would be more tasty and spicy but it was quite tasteless....


though it looks good.....


Next day we tried again and were more successful.....






The first thing you see when you arrive is the observation wheel, also very dominant from the waterside....


This side is very modern and is also the business and finance centre, all expensive fashion houses, banks and more businesses are situated over here....



lovely trams are running around, loaded with people....



There is also a lovely little garden between all the skyscrapers....



trying to find the building to go to the top, Fred googled and we asked a few people.....


we finally found it in the Two ifc the building.....


the 55th floor was the highest non-employees/tourists could go, the building was even higher....


and then..........


the reflection in the window makes the picture a bit blurry which is a shame, but still ......


look at the terrace at the building in the front brrrrrrr.....



On our last day, we had a late flight, we went to a temple and there was just sort of a ceremony going....


inside the temple....



Outside at the ceremony.....


don't they all look beautiful?



After these colourful pictures I want to end this story with my lovely friend who, in the mean time became 90 years, although he is 30 years older then me I love him to death because he inspires me!

You know why???

Mickey ALWAYS smiles!




I truly hope you have enjoyed my blog, that I have somehow inspired you and made you happy reading about our adventures and maybe even inspired you to do the same.

I thank you all very much for being my fan.

My last advice to you....


Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment