Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

06/11/2016

Zutphen, Oisterwijk, Tilburgse Kermis (Fair) Soooo much to tell and show....

G’day mates!

This story has various items. I spent some time with my friend Nicole with whom I am friends already 51 years! Crikey, now I see it in writing I'm shocked how old I am already, we were both 6 when we became friends at school, blimey!! (Don't you dare working out my age now!).
My first time back to Australia trip in 1980, was together with Nicole.

Anyhow, she made me a nice dinner at her home, we went a few days to Berkel-Enschot in Brabant and we had a nice walk which is called; de Ockhorstroute and is classified as; "het mooiste ommetje in Gelderland", (the most beautiful walk in Gelderland) it was about 8 k's and indeed as beautiful as mentioned.

Let's start with dinner, she spoiled me with salmon, veggies, baked potatoes and a great salad!



May I introduce; Nicole!



That's not the only thing I want to show you because look at the scenery!


Isn't it great to live at this spot! It is in Zutphen, the nice city I talk a lot of because it's my favourite, here we are overlooking "The IJssel".



We booked our three days trip through a special ad in the newspaper, included was breakfast, 2 nights meal and 1 day a bike for free. The hotel looked very lovely in the ad and presumed it was situated in the middle of the bush. When we arrived we saw it was indeed in the middle of something; A roundabout surrounded by HIGHWAYS!

Once inside our shock disappeared and it seemed to be OK after all, except for the view; oeps….



Nicole insisted I took a picture of my shoos because she laughed her head off as I had 5 pair with me for 3 days, that's not much is it? Hey, I did wear them all!!



After being settled in the room we walked to the town Oisterwijk close by and had a drink.





Looks like a lovers lane....




After this long, but very nice walk, we were hungry and went to dinner, unfortunately despite the fact that the food was very tasteful, it wasn't very much (maybe it wasn't that bad at all in my case!). Luckily we had nice weather so we could sit outside;


Next day we decided to take the free bike because actually we only had one full day out of the 3 days arrangement. I worked out a ride of about 32 km in which we would come to Tilburg, were at that moment the Tilburg Fair was on which is the biggest of the Benelux and of course we wanted to see that.


It turned out to be a very special day with laughs, cries, holy and scary moments. Come and join us on this special day ;

Brabant is beautiful and the things we passed on our way were very special;

Normally we would stay far away from these Storks, but nah, we don't have to anymore





Means; "Dogs Bar"



We also passed a small Chapel, we decided to look inside and suddenly I had the feeling I had to burn a candle for my 3 recently deceased relatives and while doing that I couldn't help but had to cry.






We stayed there for a little while till I felt better and continued our journey!



Finally we got to Tilburg and also that was a very special experience and such a contrast with the little Chapel.




If you enjoy enormous fairs, you can't afford to miss Tilburg Kermis. This is the largest fair in the Benelux nations offering between 230 and 250 attractions every year. It's also unique in that the whole city centre is closed off to accommodate it creating a fairground 4.5 k's long.



We need a break after all this violence......



Each year the Tilburg Kermis attracts more than one million visitors which makes it one of the best attended events in the Netherlands.


It wouldn't be a total package if you didn't get a bit of the feeling, so......

Its Movie time;










I think this story is getting too long so I’ll take a break here and will finish it next time, so look out for the rest, f.i. the promised walk, somewhere next week;

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment