Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

01/10/2016

Beautiful Holland brings back memories

G'day Mates,

We have done some walking and biking in Holland, so now I want to show you some nice pictures of these moments.

Besides the pictures I show on the blog I also made a small movie in which you can see even nicer pictures so I hope you enjoy yourselves;

OK lets go...........


This is in the surrounding of Vorden.....



Here we are near Warnsveld at the so called; "Huis 't Velde"




This is near our caravan park.....
(Of course it has been raining)


On the other side of the IJssel opposite Zutphen lies De Hoven and Tonden......


and Empe......

Here they are creating a new straw roof; "Thatching" , Thatching methods have traditionally been passed down from generation to generation, and numerous descriptions of the materials and methods used in Europe over the past three centuries.


this is near Voorst.....


I'm biking over the dike from Voorst to De Hoven.....
(I have lived in De Hoven for several years with my parents)



On the other side lies Zutphen, you can see the water in the IJssel is very high.....


This is and old laundry house which was totally neglected a few years ago, they did it all up and looks beautiful now....


Biking over the bridge you can see how far the water reaches....


Of course in such situation the bridge has to be opened for ships to pass and the traffic has to wait... 


At one stage I walked from the "Kapperallee", people living in Zutphen know were it is, to the IJsselkade where my sister lives and I passed so many places which brought back a lot of memories I want to share a few....


Crikey, didn't know you could prospect here, I asked what they were looking for (as I know it can't be gold) and they mentioned; coins but also ancient coins and WWII stuff.... 


Here I start walking along "De Berkel", a stream which meanders gently through Zutphen....


This is the Ice-rink where I used to go skating with school as well as with my friends, I'm not sure if its still in operation during the winter....


Left, "De Berkel" again, on the right the Ice-rink



Totally overgrown you see here my former dentist, a little to the left you see grey small part of a window, behind that window was the chair so when you were lying there with your mouth open, you could look outside to "De Berkel".

Nowadays they have a telly on the ceiling haha!


This is the front of the house, Gee was I nervous when I had to go there!!
Maybe some of my blog readers from Zutphen will recognise this....


Shocking isn't it to end the story with the dentist??  Brrrr.

Well, get your mind off the dentist and enjoy this little movie

Movie time!!





As I'm writing this we are back in Australia already for a few weeks and at the moment we are in Bendigo, looking after some horses and chooks. Our caravan was stalled here during our holidays in The Netherlands and we are preparing it now to go to the West.

Thursday the 6th of October we are leaving here and we have 10 days to get to Perth which is 3250 k's away, so you can understand I'm out of the air for a while.

But when we are save in Perth, I'll be back as soon as possible, till then!

Cheers!




1 comment:

  1. Wat jammer dat het zoveel regende en warm was het ook niet echt. Zoals jullie wel zullen weten werd het pas echt warm toen jullie en wij ook weg gingen uit Nederland. Zouden ze het daarboven doen om ons te plagen? De omgeving is en blijft mooi daar in Vorden en omgeving en Tammy het is steeds weer heerlijk om je blogs te lezen.
    liefs van de Haagse dames

    ReplyDelete