Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

30/12/2015

Last story of the year; Cania Gorge

G'day Mates,

I hope I didn't loose you as I was gone a bit long. Anyhow I'm back again and I hope you all had a nice Christmas. Lets go to my last story of this year;


We are leaving our house sitting address;

Again goodbye's. The cat was nowhere to be seen but Cheddy was and the horses. Jeff gave us the 2 bags with mango's and after hugs we left, driving that long driveway to the street and into a new adventure.

We are going to the Gold Coast as we are having Christmas with family. You know me, I  figured out the route we were going to drive to the Gold Coast and also had marked the caravan parks, show-grounds or free camps. Then just before we left, Jeff gave us a tip, they had been there before and he said we would like it. I'm a Libra and thus very indecisive so I had to make a decision on an intersection either to go the way I planned, or to go what Jeff had said.

After Fred getting desperate on that intersection as there were other cars behind us, I finally chose for Jeffs tip and afterwards was very glad I did. Even the road was beautiful and due to rain lately, every thing was so nice and green;


A lovely relaxed drive....





Just look at this great caravan park and the wild life every where.





Not only "Wild Life"....



This caravan park is a Top Tourist park and wasn't expensive; just $ 32.00 for a powered site and look at the beautiful cabins they have;




Even the loo's are special;




It is in the Cania Gorge National Park and there were a few walks you could do, starting at the caravan park which was terrific.
The first once was the "Giant Chair Lookout and we did the full circuit. Luckily we had heard from other people who had done it, to walk the track anti clockwise, Crikey ! That was a good tip too as the last part going down was soo steep we couldn't have done it the other way, which had meant, climbing up.







Of course there are also nice flowers along the way...


The Giant Chair Lookout
 Unfortunately you can hardly see how steep it is on the picture, but it was very steep, you can believe me...


A little lizard

We planned to stay 2 nights but of course we ended up with 3. Although we were broke when we came back from that first walk and could hardly get out of the chair, we grabbed all our strength together and did another walk the next day. It was just beautiful.

Before we started we ran into this nice scene;


They were just walking over the road....


We did the dripping rock and the overhang....


Just as we started we saw a lot of these beautiful creatures;



They seem to have had a bad storm lately....


again climbing.....


Very tropical




The Overhang




Because I'm the blog maker and thus the photographer, I always walk in front hoping that when a nice fluffy animal, or even a lizard etc. crosses our path, I will be in the great position of seeing it first and have the opportunity to take great pictures. BUT, there is one BIG disadvantage about being at front. SPIDERS! Also they, well don't cross your path, no..... they just HANG there!



Christ, look at this, I just walked into his neighbours web and he was luckily a bit on the side otherwise I would have had it full into my face. YACK!

Anyhow, the two walks were worth doing and a good exercise.


My Hubby and I wish you all a Wonderful, Happy and Healthy 

NEW YEAR!!



Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment