Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

11/08/2013

SKY DIVING !! YEEEEHHH

Hi Guys,

Here I am with the promised sky diving adventure, ooh no, not for me, I would have had a heart attack, no no, I'm staying with my both feet right here on the ground!  But we have had some hero's between the fellow campers;

Did you know they jump out of a plane at 14.000 or even 15.000 ft (you can choose) and then you have a free fall of 60 seconds!!! When you lie on the beach and look up to see them fall out of the plane and wait for the chute to open, Oh My God, that seems everlasting!!

Ok here's our first hero; Gladdys



Of course we all run to the beach to see her land.....

Watch this video, we were almost as nervous as she was.....




After the jump, the chute's have to be folded back to jump-position, 2 girls have a lot of work to do, they don't have much time because the next group is waiting to go;



When you are staying weeks, even months (as a few did) at this caravan park and watch this skydiving activity nearly all days (except when it's raining or with hard winds) you end up being a professional in judging the landings of the tandem sky divers;

Just look at us, giving points to the instructors....

 

let me introduce you to the other two brave ones of our fellow campers;

David


and Eileen, they are signing the papers .....brrrrrr



OK people, now it's getting serious, not that Gladdy's jump wasn't serious but with these two I had the opportunity to film a bit of the films they got from the skydiving resort so now we can also see what happens before they land on the beach.

We all are waiting of course on the beach, shivering for fear, especially Fred and I because the day before we had seen that a chute failed and landed in the ocean, fortunately the instructors do have a second one pff.


watch and fear.....


In the mean time we were looking up to see them coming...


The landing.......


Save back to husband and wife;


So people, I hope you enjoyed this!!

Sorry it took so long but we have been to Cooktown in the mean time and didn't had the time, especially because making that skydive movie took a lot of effort.

Dear Gladdys, David and Eileen, I hope you enjoyed it to and I would appreciate a comment.
Thank you guys for being so brave!






4 comments:

  1. It brought back memories - thanks so much for the DVD - watched it often. Hope you are both enjoying your travels - stay safe! Gladys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Gladys and sorry I had your name wrong! Stay save too!

      Delete
  2. Ofcourse I love all the blogs my sister makes but this one really has taken my breath and at the same time the tears went down my cheeks. It's so wonderful to feel and share the warm emotions for the brave fellow campers Gladys, David and Eileen. What a great experience and so lovely to hear the comments in the background of the video.
    Fred lookes like a filmproducer sitting in his captainchair! I am sure you've made some bloody good movies and I hope to see them next year.
    Stay save sweethearts, love you! xxx

    ReplyDelete