Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

27/04/2014

The "last" days

G'day Mates,

Again it took a long time to make a new story but you can imagine we are very busy at the moment. At this moment, while I'm typing, we are spending our "last" day in Berwick. Tonight we fly with Emirates to Amsterdam.

But first I like to tell you what we did after Adelaide. The start was terrible, when we left Adelaide you have to go through the Adelaide Hills and though it is a highway, the road was at some stages pretty steep and so we got trouble with our car. The temperature went up and up into the red warning zone and we had to stop. Fred took the lid off the radiator VERY CAREFULLY as the water was cooking and it squirted out with a lot of noise and steam. (You can get burned real nasty)


Luckily we had a lot of water with us in the caravan so we had to stop several times to let the water cool down and put new water in the radiator, so it took us a long time to come to our next destination.


Finally we got to Maryborough where we had planned to stay for four days to dig for gold, unfortunately the garage took two days to clean the radiator out because that seemed to be the problem; a blocked radiator, so we had only two days left.


Fully prepared with decent shoes I can handle every snake I might run across (pff, don't believe it), and I even have an e-Trex (handheld GPS) so I can find my way back to the car.


Fred is staying behind because he doesn't like my new hobby, he think its boring!! Wait till I find my first nugget, then he will change his mind haha.
I hope it won't take years though!

And to make himself useful he prepared a nice lunch and as you can see our cars backdoor is very handy



After lunch I found my way back into the bush again. The only thing I don't like about this hobby is, you always have to watch where you walk and of course keep an eye on the detector but that means that you don't see whats hanging in front of you so once I walked right into a nasty sticky web of a very big spider brrrrrr.

After, of course another adventure without finding anything, we went towards Berwick for the last 2 weeks before our big trip to the Netherlands.

Besides some check-ups at the dentist and doctors, we also wanted to go to Melbourne because we love Melbourne, and as usual there was a lot of music and fun and My Goodness, these guys were great....






And then its time to pack.....




    Last Tuesday we brought our caravan to a shed of my cousin in Moe, after that we spent our days with visiting family and in Warragul we looked at the parade on Anzac Day...



and people laying wreaths......




For the ones who don't know what Anzac Day is and want to know;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day



OK, that's is for now folks, another 6 hours and then we go to the Airport in Melbourne; Tullamarine!
Holland HERE WE COME, see ya there!!

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment