Tip

Dear Blog readers,
To understand the title and name of this Blog, please read the featured post in the sidebar first.
To follow the stories in good order, read from down to up. And by clicking on a picture you can enlarge it.
If you like my Blog, please pass it on to friends and family!

12/01/2014

The Farm

G’day mates,

Do you recognise this; “ time flies when you are having fun”?  I was in a shock when I realised the week is gone again and I’m due to make a new story.

Actually I have a disappointment because I wanted to tell the story about our jobs and picking lettuce, unfortunately now I have 3 problems, not life threatening though, but still. My first problem is, we are building a toilet and shower and that’s not ready yet. The second problem is that we are building something else but that has to do with the lettuce and so I want to tell that lettuce story first but I can’t, not yet, because I ran out of data! Can you still follow me??

OK, I’ll explain. We have a contract with Optus for 10 GB per month and normally that’s more than enough but yesterday I got an e-mail from Optus that I had used 86% of my data with still 16 days to go. Immediately I went to my account to see what happened and saw that on the 5th of January I had used more then 2 GB and then I realised it had to do with the bad reception here and the three films I downloaded and produced that day for my previous weblog. Normally its not a problem but that day I noticed the download from the laptop to YouTube nearly took 2 hours. Also on and about 1 and 2 January a lot of data has been used because of Skype.

Anyhow you must be thinking what a story of picking lettuce has to do with the data, well I can assure you that its no boring story and I have a very nice movie coming with it so….. you can fill that in yourself.

So no lettuce today, what else do I have; The Farm, I’ll give you an impression what’s living and laying around the farm, just look (no film today);



You already have seen a bit of the view we have but here is some more, we sometimes feel we are living in the Series McLeod’s Daughters except there are no cows.


The animals;


Horses...


Ducks...




Little ducks and quails .....
This little private property is from Aidan (9yrs), one of the farmers boys, he definitely is a small farmer in the shell (double dutch I presume)....


Duckssssss, Chicken, Geese......


Geese are EVERYWHERE!!


Chicken....


for the eggs, and we got a few quail eggs from Aidan....






Just things you cannot throw away, you might need them once....
(I can tell you that Fred already used a few things out of that pile haha)


More around the farm......

here has been a house from previous owners of the farm, only the chimney exists;


Some old equipment, Crikey it looks like a museum out here!


A farm without a barn is no farm.......



Sometimes someone dies.....



After a long day, (working from 05.30 in the morning), sitting in front of our caravan (when we don't blow away), we enjoy our drink and this sunset;


our friends come to say good night......



and we say goodnight to the world!!

SHI....., I forgot the sheep, there are hundreds of them!
One thing is for sure; we don't have to count them to get to sleep!!

See ya next time.


  














4 comments:

  1. Geen wonder dat daar vanalles kruupt.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, ja dat klopt, redbacks gezien ook! Maar wie is u?

      Delete
    2. Jezusje xxx

      Delete
  2. Die ganzen laten vieze en grote plakken vallen brrr. Het zijn wel goede waakdieren. Verder ziet het er lekker rommelig uit op die boerderij. Wat zijn jullie vroeg aan het werk zeg! Doordouwers zijn jullie! XX van de Haagse meisjes

    ReplyDelete